1. The _Show/Hide__ button on the Home tab displays formatting marks on your
2. To add a picture to
your document, first click on the _Insert_ tab.
Tuesday, September 18th1. When sizing a
picture, you must be careful not to change the _aspect ratio__, that is the relationship of the height to the width, so that
the image stays proportional.
2. When you _shade___ text, using the button with a paint bucket, Word colors the rectangular area behind any text or graphics.
Wednesday, September 19th
1. If a flagged word is spelled correctly, right click and then click _IgnoreAll__ on the shortcut menu to instruct Word not to flag future occurrences of the same word in this document.2. To move to the beginning of a line with the keyboard, press the _Home_ key.
Thursday, September 20th
1. To move to the
beginning of the document, press the _Ctrl+Home__ keys.2. To move to the end of
the document, press the _Ctrl+End_ keys.
Friday, September 21st
1. The _font__, or typeface, defines the appearance and shape of letters, numbers, and special characters.2. With more than _20__ predefined color schemes, Word provides a simple way to select colors that work.
Monday, September 24th
1. The default color scheme is _Office__.
2. To select nonadjacent items, select the first item as usual, press and hold down the _Ctrl_ key, select the additional items.
Tuesday, September 25th
1. When you use the keyboard to scroll to a different position in the document, the _insertion point_
automatically moves when you press the desired keys.
2. You can select the entire document by using the _Ctrl+a___ keys.
Wednesday, September 26th
No Bellwork - MOCK ACT
Thursday, September 27th
1. By default, the Normal style places _8_ points of blank space after each paragraph.
2. According to MLA style, the _works cited page_ is a list of sources that are referenced directly in a research paper.
Friday, September 28th
1. The _AutoCorrect__ feature automatically corrects typing, spelling, capitalization, or grammar errors as you type them.
2. A __header_ is text and/or graphics that print at the top of each page in a document.
Monday, October 1st
1. _Line spacing__ is the amount of vertical space between lines of text in a paragraph.
2. You can look on the _status bar__ to see the total number of words in a document.
Tuesday, October 2nd
1. At the end of your research paper, before the Works Cited page, insert a __manual__ page break.
2. The keys used for this are _Ctrl+Enter____.
Wednesday, October 3rd
1. _Paragraph spacing___ is the amount of space above and below a paragraph.
2. Although you can use a dialog box to indent paragraphs, Word provides a quicker way through the _horizontal____ ruler.
Thursday, October 4th
1. A note that exists at the end of a document is called a(n) _endnote__.
2. A note that exists at the bottom of a particular page in the document is called a( ) _footnote_.