Thursday, Jan 4th
1. When you set up a worksheet, you should use cell references in formulas whenever possible, rather than _constant__ values.
2. When you first enter text, its angle is _0__ degrees, and it reads from left to right in a cell.
Tuesday, Jan 9th
1. If you enter 90 in the Degrees box in the _orientation__ area of the Format Cells dialog box, the text will appear vertically and read from bottom to top in the cell.
2. _Rotated__ text often provides a strong visual appeal.
Wednesday, Jan 10th
1. The Increase and Decrease Indent button is located on the _Home_ tab in the Alignment group.
2. The Increase Indent button indents the contents of a cell to the right by _two__ spaces each time you click it.
Thursday, Jan 11th
1. Using the mouse to move or copy cells is called _drag and drop___.
2. Which function returns a value returns a number corresponding to the system date and time? NOW
Friday, Jan 12th
1. The _ IF__ function is useful when you want to assign a value to a cell based on a logical test.
2. Which comparison operator means “not equal to”? <>
Monday, Jan 22nd
1. _######__ refers to cells not wide enough to display the entire entry.
2. A _sparkline__ chart provides a simple way to show trends and variations in a range of data within a single cell.
Tuesday, Jan 23rd
1. Cell references with a dollar sign before the column letter and row number are called _absolute__ cell references.
2. Which keyboard key adds the dollar signs before the column and row for you? F4
Wednesday, Jan 24th
1. All error messages in Excel begin with a ___. #
2. The Format Painter is on which tab? Home
Thursday, Jan 25th
1. Double click the Format Painter button and then drag through the nonadjacent ranges to paint the formats to the ranges.
2. You should use a _clustered column__ chart to compare values side by side, broken down by category.
Friday, Jan 26th
1. Charts can either be
embedded in a worksheet or placed on a separate _chart sheet_.
2. When working with a large worksheet, you can _split__ the window into two or four panes.
Monday, Jan 29th
1. __Assumptions___ are values in cells that you can change to determine new values for formulas. Assumptions
2. A formula using the _relative__ cell reference B4 instructs Excel to adjust the cell reference as it copies it to the destination area. relative
Tuesday, Jan 30th
1. When you work with a large worksheet, you can split the window into four __panes__ to view different parts of the worksheet at the same time. panes
2. If you use an __absolute__ cell reference like $C$22, Excel will keep the cell reference constant when copying a formula or function. absolute
Wednesday, Jan 31st
1. The __IF_ function assigns a value based on a logical test. IF
2. After typing or clicking on a cell, you can make it an absolute cell reference by hitting the _F4___ key on the keyboard to add the dollar signs. F4
Thursday, Feb 1st
NO Bell work ---- Excel Test
Friday, Feb 2nd
NO Bell work -- Keyboarding Day
Tuesday, Feb 6th
1. Access is a _Database management system____.
2. In a _relational___ database such as those maintained by Access, a database consists of collection of tables, each of which contains information on a specific subject.
Thursday, Feb 8th
1. Data is stored in _tables__ in the database. tables
2. Tables consists of _records___, which contain information about a given person, product, or event.
Friday, Feb 9th
1. Records are broken down into _fields___.
2. Each table and field name can be up to _64__ characters in length.
Tuesday, Feb 13th
1. The two views used most often in Access are _ Design View__ and _Datasheet View .
2. A unique identifier in a table is called a __primary key__.