A new Federal Law called "No Child Left Behind" was passed January, 2002. Many changes in the Title I program have taken place with the passage of the law.
· One of the changes involved "Instructional Aides". All instructional aides employed in a Title 1 school must meet one of the following requirements for employment.
· "Instructional Aides" employed prior to the passage of the new law have until January, 2006 to meet one of the requirements.
1. Two years of higher education
2. Obtain an associate's degree or higher.
3. Pass a rigorous academic assessment designed by the state or local academic agency.